Strategic Plan (2014-2019)
Govt. Digvijay College is an autonomous college founded in the year 1957 as a private college established by Rajnandgaon Education Society donated by revered prince Mahant Raja Digvijay Das ji. The college was taken over by the state government on 27th August 1973. It has completed SIXTY years of its existence. In 2007, we celebrated ‘Golden Jubilee year’ and last year 2018, we have celebrated the ‘Diamond Jubilee year’ of our institution
The growth of the institution has been remarkable. The college which started with 73 students encompasses more than 5000 students today. The College stands like a colossus, proud of the thousands of alumni that adorn positions of prominence in all walks of life, thanks to the education that they received in their alma mater. The college was conferred autonomous status by UGC in 1992-93.
Our institute, which has a historical legacy and is well known for its heritage, is striving hard today to adapt the new technological methods of education to compete with the global needs of present scenario. The courses, as per the need of today’s competitive IT world, have been started in the college and are running successfully. The institution got CPE (College with Potential for Excellence) status by the UGC. Commerce department of our institution was declared the Centre of Excellence in the year 2005-2006 by the state government.
The pride of our college is that three national/international level literary personalities; Gajanand Madhav Muktibodh, Dr. Padumlal Punnalal Bakshi and Dr. Baldeo Prasad Mishra; have given their contributions as faculty members in the growth of this institution.
- To provide quality education to the students of rural and tribal belt in the surrounding areas and to develop skills in students by keeping balance between the traditional human values and the new global challenges.
- To empower the students from diversified background of this region by providing them holistic education with scientific temper and logical thinking and to make them socially committed and compassionate individuals.
- To achieve integrity through excellence in teaching, learning and research.
- To involve students in community service and promote responsible leadership qualities in them.
- To promote environmental consciousness, cultural heritage, social, spiritual and human values.
- To improve employability and professional skills among the students
Motto of College:
The motto of the college “Vidya Sarvasya Bhushanam” (Knowledge is the ornament for all) has been the guiding force, the philosophical firmament and constant source of inspiration of the college ever since its inception. The institution aims to provide higher education to as many deprived and unprivileged youth as possible. The college community has always been vigilant to live up to the spirit of the core values of the college inspired by its motto – Distribution of knowledge to all without any discrimination.
|1.||To empower the students from diversified background of this region by providing them holistic education with scientific temper and logical thinking and to make them socially committed and compassionate individuals.||· Induction Programmes are to be organised to make them aware about the present scenario, opportunities and facilities in the college.
· To break the barriers of language free communicative classes should be organised for them.
· Remedial, slow learners’ classes, and personal counseling are to be given to students for their stress management.
· Laboratories are to be updated.
· New Central Lab to be established.
· New Courses related to Social Values, Ethics and Applied Science are to be started.
· Library is to be upgraded with IT reform and reading room is to be equipped with notes, answer copies of the topper students.
· PTMs should be arranged timely to get more familiar with the students’ background.
|2.||To achieve integrity through excellence in teaching, learning and research||· Each department is to be laced with IT facilities like computer, printer, and projector
· To promote research fund is to be given to both the students as well as faculties
· Research Committee is to be formed.
· To encourage research among the faculty members incentives/DL are to be provided to them.
· Language Lab/ Computer Lab/ NRC/Central Research Lab are to be established.
· References and Research oriented journals are to be made avaliable.
· Registration in Shodhganga, Inflibnet, N-list is to be done.
· Research section is to be separately made inside the library.
· Multi-disciplinary Research journal is to be published on regular basis.
· ICT classes are to be made compulsory for all the departments.
· Video lectures are to be made and kept by all the departments.
· E-classroom is to be established.
· Stress should be given on the use of free educational websites like Corsera and Khan Academy.
· Collaboration with IIT, Mumbai is to be done for Spoken Tutorials.
|3.||To involve students in community service and promote responsible leadership qualities in them||· Emphasis is to be given on organising more guest lectures on soft skills, personality developments and interview skills.
· Entrepreneurship is to be promoted with starting Skill Based Courses.
· Course on Social Work is to be started.
· NCC/NSS/YRC are to be involved in multiple activities related to social issues.
· It should be made compulsory for all departments to get engaged in social activities for active involvement from all the students.
· In first year classes compulsory 20 hours field work related to environment and social work is to be done.
· To inculcate leadership qualities among the students the senior students are to be taken classes of juniors.
· students are to be made members of various committees of the institution like, Eco-Club, Science Club, Literary Association, Cultural Association, Departmental Association, Students’ Union etc.
|4.||To promote environmental consciousness, cultural heritage, social, spiritual and human values||· Reform is to be done in the subject Environment Science, every student is to do 20 hours services related to environmental issues and social work and submit a project work on it.
· Emphasis to be given on field work, awareness programmes in villages by MSW students and MoUs are to be done with NGOs.
· All departments are to be involved in environmental awareness through inclusion of environmental issues in syllabus, expert lectures, Group Discussions etc.
· Last Saturday of every month should be dedicated to Talent Hunt Programme organised by Cultural Committee.
· Students should be encouraged to participate in various inter-college, university levels and open cultural competitions.
· Cash incentives are to be given to the winners of various cultural competitions.
· State/National level artists are to be invited for guidance/Interaction with our students.
· Environmental Consciousness is to be promoted by weekly compulsory activities
· Lectures on Social Values are to be organised.
· College campus is to be developed into Polythene free, Torching-free and Green Zone.
· Collaboration is to be done with Swami Vivekanand Ashram, Narainpur, Bastar to make the students aware of the ideas of Swami Vivekanand.
· Books on Ethics, Social & moral values, Indian culture are to be made available in the library reading room.
· Sanskrit, Yoga & Philosophy department are to organise lectures, training programmes, activities time to time.
· Special days of national importance are to be celebrated on regular basis like World Yoga Day, Earth Day, Teachers’ Day, World Environment Day, Human Rights Day and Hareli (Greenery Day Festival of Chhattisgarh) etc.
· Free Education and infrastructural facilities are to be provided to Specially-abled and Naxal affected students.
· Financial help/support is to be sought from the alumni, Faculty members (Through Vivekanand Sahayata Club) for landless and BPL students.
|5.||To improve employability and professional skills among the students||· Free Spoken English, PD classes & coaching for competitive examinations Classes to be continued with more and more emphasis on personality development.
· Career & Guidance Cell is to be upgraded
· Career Counseling is to be given to all the desiring students
· MoUs are to be done with National/global institutions and employability giving institutions like TCS, Mahindra, Balco etc.
· More and more training programmes are to be organised for the students in collaboration with the industries.
· Skill Development Courses, certificate Courses, Add-on Courses are to be given emphasis to promote employability among students.
· EDP (Entrepreneurship Development and Awareness Programme) sould be organised.
· Campus is to be organised for placement.